from “January Morning”
was for you, old woman.
I wanted to write a poem
that you would understand.
For what good is it to me
if you can’t understand it?
But you got to try hard—
Well, you know how
the young girls run giggling
on Park Avenue after dark
when they ought to be home in bed?
that’s the way it is with me somehow.
—William Carlos Williams, Al Que Quiere! (1917)
- jesuisuneamesolitaire likes this
- thisisntlisa reblogged this from gammasandgerunds
- madeofmidnight likes this
- moominvalley likes this
- qimster reblogged this from leopoldgursky
- headachesandhardbacks likes this
- queridacariad likes this
- orangepeeling reblogged this from leopoldgursky
- jubilantly-refrained likes this
- myheadfullofflames likes this
- livewater likes this
- heliophobus likes this
- filthiestlaugh reblogged this from gammasandgerunds and added:
- compliquees reblogged this from leopoldgursky
- seraphmachine likes this
- themisdirected reblogged this from leopoldgursky
- leopoldgursky reblogged this from gammasandgerunds
- gammasandgerunds posted this